Position: Commissary Material Handler/Runner
Directly Reports To: Purchasing Agent
Will perform a variety of daily routine task; receiving, inspection of product, stocking, physical inventory checks and movement of product to Warehouse shelves, coolers, freezers, and Food & Beverage Outlets. Pick up and deliveries as Runner.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and unload incoming product and compare information to packing slip.
- Notifies Commissary Lead Inventory Clerk of shortages upon receiving product.
- Unpack, sort, and check product for damage.
- Any defects, expired dates or spoiled product is returned to Supplier.
- Product is processed to Commissary Warehouse (shelving, cooler, and freezer)
- Prep Dry Goods Area – Canned Goods, Spices, Liquor, Paper Goods and Supplies
- Conduct inventory twice a day at Food & Beverage Outlets; verify needed stock and move product.
- Maintain all products in specific slotted areas/ensure it is properly rotated.
- Ability to exercise good visual judgement of product. Inform Lead Inventory Clerk or Purchasing Agent of spoiled product when found in Outlets for proper disposal and inventory adjustments.
- Pick product and stage for movement to Food & Beverage Outlets. During special events will expedite product to location immediately.
- Temperature checks conducted three times a day to insure Food and Beverage product is safe.
- During Special Events will expedite product to location immediately.
- Warehouse must be kept clean; daily sweeping, mopping and disposal of card board and plastics from shipments.
- Bail card board boxes for pick up.
- Conduct end of the Month Inventory
- Receive incoming Material, Repair and Operating Supplies.
- Prepare & Stage Shipments for Outbound; FedEx & UPS
- Will assist Purchasing Agent on errands.
- Observe all safety procedures during execution of assigned duties.
- Empty recycle bin.
- Keep carts stacked and flatbeds organized in dock area, must be cleaned every day.
- Operate a pallet jack.
- Operate a bail machine when necessary.
Required Qualifications & Skill
- Wear Uniform and Groom Appropriately.
- Wear proper protective, safety equipment; back support belt.
- Math Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with levels of all Management personally and on radio.
- Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit.
- Work independently or with a team.
- Work various hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Ensure chemicals are maintained and used properly.
- Physical Requirements Ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, push and pull, climb ladders, lift materials up to 80lbs and lift up to 50lbs frequently, move product up 600lbs and deal with temperature form hot to cold (35 degrees to negative 20 degrees). Be able to stand and walk for 8 consecutive hours or more.