Directly Reports To: Facility Manager
Responsible for maintaining the facility’s mechanical systems and appearance, assuring a high level of quality and service.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, sheet rock repair, painting tasks, etc.
- Inspect outside structures and systems such as lighting fixtures, pavement condition, security gates and fences, signs and utility services.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Setting up and breaking down cubicle partitions, exercising discretion to identify projects that need higher skilled crafts individual’s services.
- Responsible for his/her personal safety as well as the safety and care of all equipment and supplies assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Should follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Good reasoning ability.
- Physical Requirements-ability to be able to stand and/or walk for duration of shift. Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
- Minimum of 1 year maintenance experience.