Position: Compliance Officer
Directly Reports to: General Manager
Responsible for overseeing The Company’s compliance with government laws and regulations. Duties include coordinating with company management to identify potential risks, implementing policies and procedures to uphold laws and regulations and monitoring the company’s adherence to those policies and procedures. Ensures that all potential violations of regulations are investigated, and corrective actions taken to ensure the ongoing safety and security of all guests, team members, as well as the safeguarding of company assets.
- Serves as an active strategic leader with comprehensive responsibilities, Work with the Security, Risk Management and Surveillance team to ensure successful development and implementation of divisional strategic plan.
- Provides updates to the General Manager and property concerns/issues.
- Reinforces department goals and vision to all direct reports and continually implements this strategy into overall communications.
- Reviews Security and Surveillance investigations concerning all incidents and issues taking place on property. Ensures all necessary reports are made and agencies such as the New Mexico Gaming Control Board, the New Mexico Racing Commission and local law enforcement agencies are notified as needed.
- Ensures compliance with Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Partners with Human Resources with any employee issues, concerns, or investigations.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino’s culture and demonstrating exemplary service standards at all times.
- Develop internal company policies and see that they are respected.
- Make sure the organization has a clearly defined program for complying with the country’s laws.
- Constantly report to management concerning the organization’s compliance with laws and regulations.
- Take action in dealing with noncompliance situations, creating realistic plans to overcome them.
- Conduct regular audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations.
- Communicate with employees and make sure everyone is aware of what they need to do to comply with internal and external laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
- Must be able to work independently
- Critical thinker
- Must be at least 21 years of age to obtain a New Mexico Gaming work permit
- Minimum of three years experience in a compliance capacity role
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience