Directly Reports To: Office Manager
Is responsible for maintaining the upkeep of all plants, grass and property grounds to create a safe pleasant environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Care for established lawns. Also mow and trim around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees and weeds, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Gather and remove litter from grounds and empty garbage into dumpsters.
- Maintain irrigation systems, including winterizing the systems and starting them up in spring.
- Plant and maintain flower beds including dead heading plants.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, and other grounds features.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and weed string trimmers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Recommended Qualifications and Skills
- Maintaining equipment and irrigation systems.
- Must have plant knowledge including care and varieties of plants, flowers and grass.
- Ability to mix and apply fertilizers and chemicals to the plants, flowers, weeds and grass.
- Must have knowledge and ability to do basic landscaping.
- Be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions and be on your feet for entire shift.
- Ability to be able to stand and/or walk for duration of shift. Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Minimum of six months gardening experience preferred but not mandatory.