We offer a fun atmosphere and flexible schedules, competitive wages and great benefits! If you don’t find what you’re looking for today, visit our website often. New opportunities are just around the corner.
Position: F&B Supervisor
Directly Reports To: Director of Food and Beverage/Food & Beverage OPS Manager
Responsible for the successful operation of restaurants and bar outlets. Accountable for directing the work of the restaurant and beverage staff assuring that guests have a favorable experience when visiting our outlets or on the casino floor.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Manage and control labor expenses
- Ensure employees are knowledgeable in POS operation and hold them accountable for proper use
- Employee scheduling
- Training and maintaining exceptional guest service promoting Eye, Hi and Goodbye for all guest’s
- Ensure proper organization of food product, supplies and equipment for each outlet in its entirety
- Ensure proper cleaning & sanitation procedures are implemented and enforced
- Assist management in keeping morale high, communication open, knowledge refreshment constant and standards consistent
- Always be prepared for Food & Beverage Health Inspections
- Ensure safety practices are being implemented
- Ensure proper production levels are being maintained
- Communicate product ordering needs
- Ensure proper labeling, storage and rotation of product is being implemented
- Ensure chemicals are properly maintained and used
- Ensure staff has proper equipment needed to complete cleaning and storage tasks
- Maintain all coolers & areas organized
- Administer employee counseling and disciplinary action as required
- Help in areas needed as directed
- Help with banquets as needed
- Any other duties required by upper management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Work various hours as needed
- The ability to be standing, bending, squatting and lifting up to 60 pounds (solo) and 140 lbs (team lift) throughout out a shift
- Environmental temperature fluctuations
- Work with various chemicals and being knowledgeable in the uses and cautions of these chemicals
- Good verbal and written communication skills (bi-lingual preferred but not required)
- Self – motivated
- Well organized
- Working knowledge of food health standards
- Minimum of 2 year in food and beverage operations and managing personnel.
Position: Guest Service Ambassador
Directly Reports To: Front Office Manager
Shift: Swing and Grave
At The Hotel at Sunland Park Racetrack, we are constantly on the lookout for quality associates with the drive and dedication necessary to help us deliver a quality experience for our guests and proven performance for our owners and investors.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Greet and register guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet high standards of quality.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest room and House accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve problem within established guidelines; may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating, or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Qualifications and Skills – The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and help resolve conflicts. • Ability to stand and move throughout the front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Previous Hotel front desk experience preferred.
- Previous Choice Advantage Software Experience Desired
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licenses or certificates
- No special licenses required.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Applicants with additional language skills preferred.